Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Who blogs anymore anyways?

Hey all! I know you've been in utter misery without my presence on the net in the last.. uhh... year, so I thought I'd reappear. Is it still referred to as "the net" or is it "the web?" These things sneak up on you when you're not looking. I know "e" prefixes (e-mail, e-trade) have now been replaced by the new and fancier "i" (i-mail?), but maybe next year it will be "u" (if that's not trademarked by U-Haul).

Let's discuss recent updates:
The Daltons are moving to Maryville! We are fixing up a house that my parents bought in November and will move in at the end of January (granted we finish rennovations and kick out the homeless man). We'll live there while we save up money for our own house because we really don't want to become like Maryvillians (see the 'villain' in that word?). I'd like to keep all my teeth. Please don't maim me in the streets if you grew up in Maryville. To go on, we shall move in and all will be glorious! Hopefully we can get a cat (because cats are not the devil like some people believe) and name it Foofy, Gingkobiloba, or maybe Dog. I'll take a poll to decide the winner.

Speaking of voting, it seems that election '08 is upon us. Hillary Clinton? McCain? Barra... I can't even spell his name. How am I supposed to recognize it while voting? Good thing it's a multiple choice test. I'm not terribly political, but I have a feeling Hillary will try to cry her way into office. Sympathy votes shouldn't count. Too bad she didn't give a big hurrah after winning the democratic race like Howard Dean's crazy outburst.

No comments: