Monday, July 17, 2006

The home stretch...

Well, we're now down to 12 days until the wedding. I keep getting asked if everything is all finished up, but I can't really tell yet! The flower stands and decor for the ceremony are all theoretical right now, so we'll have to wait and see if all these ideas work in reality. Kind of scary... I'm still nervous about how it will all go down. I can't watch any more wedding shows or read idea books this late in the planning anymore because I keep feeling like everything we do won't measure up to the things these other people have done. I have to guard my heart against designers with lots of money, apparently! Kind of weird, but true. In the end, it's one day and no one will remember after it's all said and done. Right now I'm needing some songs for the ceremony. Suggestions are welcome for a "special seating" song, things to play before the ceremony begins, and the walk down the aisle. I have some ideas, but I'd like to hear some more. So leave comments, please!

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

I just wanted to remind you to savor the moment! The day of my wedding my friend, Shanon told me to make sure I took "pictures" in my head of the things going on around me. Because of that I have very clear memories from my wedding day - 4 years ago this Thursday.

Anonymous said...

An instrumental version of Notorious B.I.G.'s (I love it when you call me)"Big Poppa". That would be beautiful. :)

Gabby said...

Liz, how did you know my favorite song? Good choice.

Anonymous said...

We'll always remember the day..what a cute flower girl! (Kidding) But you won't forget it all, and many weddings have memorable things. Suzanne and Rob walked out to the Hallejuah Chorus-it was great-hard to believe 4 years ago! You will definately have some great memories!

Suzanne said...

Alison - but Gabby is in her early 20s....The Hallejuah Chorus is for the "older" bride. ;)

Squatty said...

I don't know what you are looking (well, listening) for, but here are some songs that I am going to throw at you.

- How Great Thou Art-Amy Grant, Vince Gill
Album: Sounds of Wood and Steel
- Mystery of Meditation-Various Artists
Album: Pure Moods: Ultimate Tranquil Collection
- Farewell/End Title-John Barry
Album: Dances With Wolves
- Jesus Paid It All-Our Daily Bread
Album: Hymns of Grace
- Beautiful-Shawn McDonald
Album: Simply Nothing
- O Magnum Mysterium (Track 5)-Robert Shaw, Robert Shaw Chamber Singers
Album: O Magnum Mysterium
- Storms in Africa-Enya
Album: Watermark
- The Heart Asks Pleasure First-Michael Nyman
Album: The Piano
- The Ludlows-James Horner, The London Symphony Orchestra
Album: Legends of the Fall
- Watermark-Enya
Album: Watermark