Friday, August 25, 2006

I talk goood and everythang...

I've officially decided, based on many proven instances, that I am by far the worst at making conversation with new people. Sometimes I'm bad at conversation with people I only know slightly, but with new people-- random stuff just flows out of my mouth, and I can't seem to stop it. I just met my neighbor across the hall [She's the one stinking our hallway up by starting her cigarette inside and then walking through the hall with it. Ick. I don't think Febreeze can mask that.] and all this stuff flew out at once, so I just backed away and said, "Have a good day!" and shut my door. I think I was just taken by surprise that she was actually leaving the apt. building since her car is always here (so is mine until I get a job...), so I didn't know quite what to say. At least I didn't say, "Oh, so you smoke?.... That gives you cancer..... Just thought I'd tell you in case the Surgeon General's warning wasn't big enough..." That would've been a pretty awkward conversation as well. I don't think I can bare to repeat what I really said for the sake of it being so stupid on my part (I need to save face somehow!), but I just thought I'd let you all know how dumb I am.

Fin.

5 comments:

Holly said...

I already knew how dumb you are...

"Didn't you talk all the way to..... fffffffffff......."

and who can forget that time you couldn't remember Nick Lachey's name. Classic.

Bar beeeeeeeeeeee.

Sarah said...

Hey Gabbs! Actually, I am coming to VFC!!! Not even getting married could stop me. ; ) I would love to get together with you! I love your blog, I am a faithful reader. It makes me laugh OUT LOUD! You have to be pretty good to do that....

Squatty said...

I got one.

One time I was changing pins on the practice chipping green at work, and this old man was practicing. After changing the pins and a little light conversation with the man, I left by saying, "Well, have a good turn!" I walked away shaking my head and whispering, "That didn't make any sense at all."

Cap Stewart said...

I was once introduced to a German girl visiting the states, which I thought was neat since I was learning her native language in school. Our first conversation started off brilliantly with my opening question: “So, you speak German?”

Anonymous said...

I think we're in the same boat in this regard. I'm absolutely horrible, especially when I'm caught off-guard.