Thursday, February 23, 2006

Computers in the UT library are slow.

VisionQuest is coming up in like three stinkin' weeks! AHHHH!!!

Also, it's now been a little over a month (geez, already?) since Gabby and I started our own 6:00am club, and I have seen the fruits of pursuing spiritual disciplines and biblical femininity (when I type out femininity, I just don't know when to stop... kinda like typing out banana...). It's been hard like whoa trying to force myself to go to bed early and wake up at the buttcrack of dawn... but I can honestly say it has been getting easier (even though the lazy sinner within me wants to avoid getting out of bed like the plague). Praise God that my body is finally beginning to adjust!

And after re-reading that paragraph, I apparently have taken a liking to parentheses and periods of ellipses today.

OH--- speaking of taking a liking to something, ever since I've started working at Nouveau, I have gained 10 pounds. I know, I know, I am still a midget... but I really have been convicted of my poor eating habits and unhealthy diet! My clothes hardly fit anymore... what is up with that? Plus, Gabby has been getting on to me about being lazy and never exercising (what, walking from my bed to the computer doesn't count as exercise? It's like a whole three feet!), so it's time to start taking care of the body that God has given to me. Wow, I see a recurring theme here... lazy, lazy, lazy, lazy, LAZY. (The more you type out that word, the more odd it looks... same thing with knuckles. Knuckles. Knuckles? I've always said that knuckles looks like it should be pronounced "kuh-noo-clays" anyways.) This post has taken on new heights (or is it depths?) of idiocy, so I'm going to shut up now.

6 comments:

Cap Stewart said...

Holly,
I was already feeling convicted about my eating habits before reading your post. Now I feel worse. When I got back from lunch today, my boss told me I was going to die of a heart attack (because I ate three double cheeseburgers, minus the cheese). Let’s just say his comments made me feel the polar opposite of “rawcedible.” Indeed. It’s time to bring out the fruits and veggies. I think I’ll eat some kiwi when I get home...

Oh, and you think you have problems spelling “femininity”? You should hear me try to say it. I’ve found “biblical womanhood” to be a much safer phrase.

Anonymous said...

I'm beginning to think you're like a female Dave Berry.

Cap Stewart said...

I'm beginning to think I need to shed this female image. I need to go buy a four wheeler or something. Do they come in pink?

Mike said...

cap,

grow a beard!

beards keep your face cool in the summer (like a radiator on your face) and warm in the winter (like wearing a fur coat) and look very masculine and I have one (which makes them the "in style" facial hair)

- c.s.l.

Cap Stewart said...

Funny you should mention that, because I started growing one on Friday (though not out of a desire to "prove" my masculinity). If the past is any indicator, it won't be a very full beard, but we'll see.

paul steele said...

Neither is mine Cap, neither is mine.