Thursday, March 02, 2006

The wedding update!

So Holly and I went dress shopping today and found some mad deals. We went to Wedding Wonderland and hung out with this sweet little lady named Margaret who probably thought we were insane. She was really fun and didn't act like we were poor or anything, showing me the $3,300 dresses. Haha. In the end, I went back to my first love-- the one and only one that I tried on at Budget Bridal by Connie. The first time I went with my mom, so I wanted to have Holly's opinion on it. Connie also gave me the world's tiniest slip/girdle last time-- she called it the 'sucker upper.' It was so tight I could hardly pull it off! Anyways, today's trip was less traumatic b/c I got wear a normal slip and try on the dress one more time. I decided I was sold, and I got to take it home with me today (it's great being such an average size because I fit into most of the sample dresses... this only stinks when I go normal clothes shopping because all the mediums are gone)! Woot. I'd leave a link, but I think I'll keep it a secret in case the fiancé decides to take a gander at this blog. Holly picked out a bridesmaid dress that looks pretty sweet. I was aiming for a two-tone green scheme, and this one is more the same green but different material for the bow on the waist and the sash. I like it a lot *Forrest Gump voice*. It's fun taking Holly dress shopping because everything she tries on looks like a muumuu.

Anywho, the current thought is July 29th, 2006 at 5 p.m. at Cornerstone (when I turn in the form to the almighty Event Coordinator, Leslie :-D). We're still debating on reception ideas. My mom doesn't like the idea of a hotel, and the church only allows a first dance... James and I aren't the biggest freak out dancers, but I think other people will enjoy it. The reception will be at night, so I'm sure renting somewhere will be expensive or already booked if we don't jump on it right away. I'm currently working on a guest list, so I don't know what size facility we'll need. I'm open to suggestions.. no, I'm begging for suggestions! I think we'll be staying at a bed & breakfast in Gatlinburg called Berry Springs (check out the incredible views!!) for a couple of nights or even staying in G'burg the whole week hiking, biking, and throwing little kids off rides at Dollyworld. Haha. Again, suggestions for locations? The east coast was a thought, but nothing was really there catering to honeymooners that wasn't off the charts expensive.

So the moral of this story-- leave some comments if you've got some ideas cookin!

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Gabby,
I will find you at church or get your email address from someone to give the the baker and caterers' names. I will be teaching in Tiny Turtles if you want to find me this Sunday (3/5/06).

I got married in July, too. We used magnolia leaves and blooms to decorate the tables. Can you say FREE! :) Also, I have 67 clear votives that hold tea lights and 15 white pillar candles that have only been used for my wedding. You are welcome to borrow any of the above.

Suzanne

Suzanne said...

One other comment from the peanut gallery - rude as it may be - if you have your wedding at 5:00 people will eat more because it's dinner time.

Anonymous said...

by the way, i'm weirded out by the fact that you're getting married in july. but rock on.

Holly said...

Dude, don't hate on me because I'm a midget.

Anonymous said...

I hope you didn't buy the puffy stuff for under the dress, there are about three circulating CCK. I also have about 3 boxes of green pillar candles. Just talk to some people who recently got married about junk leftover...

Mike said...

you should have burger king cater your wedding....yum, whoppers!!!