Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A tale of two rebates...

I decided I finally needed to buy CD-Rs today due to my new responsibility to photography team (and all of the cds I've been rampantly stealing from Holly), so I hunted around Office Depot where nothing looked cheap enough until suddenly--

Gleaming from behind a wall of thin glass-- kept pure from the world by a cheap copper lock-- stood a glorious sale! Yes, twas a 512 MB memory card for only $19.99! Who can resist such grace, such allure, such... cheapness?! Not I, I spake to myself. Alas, I was taken with its charm and decided I must purchase it and deliver it from imprisonment behind locked doors! I bartered my piece of ye olde plastic(e) for the beautiful card and flittered away with my two rebates in hand. Twas a merry time for me! Then, after driving my trusty steed and arriving at my castle, I discovered a quandry-- how doth one send one original UPC to two places? The problem vexed me, and after a near fortnight on the phone with the lords of Office Depot, I was promised to receive $10 cash upon returning to the shoppe. Huzzah!

2 comments:

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Holly said...

I can't spell.... so did you buy some Old English translating softWARE while you were there, too?