Tuesday, April 04, 2006

New game plan, folks...

As some of you may know, James and I had been making plans to live out in Oak Ridge at his uncle's place for probably minimal rent, so house shopping had been put on hold for an indefinite length of time. Wellll, James called this morning and said that the 84 Lumber in Oak Ridge is being shut down (stuff is being pulled off the shelves as I write this) along with the one on Clinton Hwy and 60 other stores around the nation. They said it was to consolidate based on last year's earnings, which were very poor with the old management in Oak Ridge but getting better this year with all new employees. Anyways, the only options for outside sales (which is what he'll finally be doing at a new store, I think) are in Sevierville and Madisonville. So it looks like North Knoxville is a better option for house hunting since it's 35 minutes to Sevierville from here and probably an hour and a half from Oliver Springs where we could stay for nearly free. God has a funny way of changing our plans. I was kind of excited to hear the news, and so was James. I guess I'll be looking for jobs more in downtown and North Knoxville rather than far west now, although I haven't really had any good leads yet. We shall see....

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

North Knoxville is GREAT!!! It's away from "some" of the business of West Knoxville.

Anonymous said...

Man, so I guess no chance of you coming to Scripps now :(
We'll miss you out west!