Monday, January 16, 2006

Crusty Eyeballs and Morning Breath

If that title doesn't make you want to read this, I don't know what will. Argggggggh. 6:30= so early! I can lie to myself and say it wouldn't be a big deal if I were getting up to go to class or do something around the house, but I'd still be fighting doing my quiet time in the morning. I have the tendency to get up, get in the shower, and veg at my compy 386 for about 30 minutes during my morning routine. The alarm went off at 6:30, but I turned it off and accidentally fell asleep until 7:00. The battle came at standing up near my door. *Do I get Holly up and be forced to do my quiet time as well? Do I go back to sleep? Do I do my quiet time and then go back to sleep?* Ack. None of these sounded acceptable, so I finally opened my door and saw Holly's light was on. That made it a little easier. Plus, I ripped a huge fart 30 seconds earlier (see the post below about the left side...) and wanted to make sure she had heard it through the wall.... and oh yes. She did.

Anyways, I finally did make it back to my bed to read my Bible. My eyes kept watering, and I kept sneezing *Yay for allergies!*, but I did receive the strength to stay awake. Then..............


I made a pot of coffee.

Please, get up off the floor. I know that boggles your mind/rocks your face off, and now you can call me a hypocrite for saying, "I don't drink coffee." But hey-- it was super weak and pumpkin and french vanilla artificially flavored. I still feel groggy, but at least I haven't realized how awful it tastes yet.... ok, maybe a little now that I'm reaching the dregs.

Well, I think I'm going to work on the list of disciplines I made the other day... one of which was keeping a tidier room and doing the dishes when I first open the dishwasher and discover clean ones in there (I hope Holly doesn't read this part and hold me to that... ;)).

No comments: