Monday, January 23, 2006

Like, please, Lord, a burning bush would be nice.

"I do not ask to see the way
My feet will have to tread;
But only that my soul may feed
Upon the living Bread.
'Tis better far that I should walk
By faith close to His side;
I may not know the way I go,
But oh, I know my Guide."

Cap told me that this stanza (from the hymn I posted earlier) had been really affecting him lately, and I would have to second that. The future is so up in the air right now... what dental hygiene school to attend, where I'm going to live in the fall, etc... and I can see myself searching for answers more, instead of just focusing on my Creator! I've been reading through Sinclair Ferguson's Discovering God's Will, and so far, it's been really helpful in giving me advice, especially these questions from pg. 73:

Is this lawful? Is this beneficial? Is this enslaving? Is this consistent with the Lordship of Christ? Is this beneficial to others? Is this consistent with the example of Christ and the apostles? Is this for the glory of God? And for that matter, am I living for the glory of God?

I also really enjoyed Carolyn McCulley's post on this book. The funny thing is, I'm not stressed or freaking out about my future... more than anything, I'm completely clueless! However, I think that being clueless will cause me to look to the Lord for guidance and to seek His will for my life. I only pray that I stay humble and continue to place my trust in the only One who is trustworthy... because if I don't do that, and begin to rely on myself or others, then that's when the anxiousness and fear will set in (and BOO on that!). I definitely need to be reminded that it's not all about ME and MY decisions and MY future... ugh, sometimes I can be so selfish! But, the Lord is always quick to convict me of my mistakes and draw my focus back to Him. Scriptures like Jeremiah 29:11, Proverbs 16:9, and Proverbs 20:24 really comfort me. God's going to guide my steps, regardless if I "feel" like all the answers are there. Gah, I wish I wouldn't rely on my feelings at all-- BOO on feelings too! Haha. It's encouraging for me to think that nothing I can do will EVER thwart God's plan... I just need to continue to seek Him by spending time in the Word and diving headlong into areas where I can experience Him more fully (like church, Bible studies, CareGroup, etc).

Anyways, if anyone else is dealing with this same stuff right now, hope this lets you know that you're not alone!!

P.S. I had Panera's French Onion soup today for lunch... I got some stank breath that just won't QUIT.

No comments: