Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Let the blogging begin... again...

Well, due to overwhelming peer pressure in VFC, I've entered the blogging world once again. Maybe I'll have something worth saying this time around. I just entertained people with pictures of random things last time... like the rat that ate all of my peanut butter crackers. Anyways, the dorkface roomie, Holly, said, "MAN-- I wish I still had a xanga!" after a rowdy hour session with a Kirby vacuum salesperson. So the afternoon went like this:

*Entering the house and hearing what sounds like a hurricane/volcano landing on our living room*
Holly: This is Brittany! She's vacuuming our floor!
Salesgirl: This is our Kirby system!
Me: Oh yeah, my parents have a Kirby from 1970. It's so heavy I can barely push it... don't forget to hit my room.
*Vacuuming proceeds for 7 more minutes while dust bunnies from 1960 are eradicated from our floor, then a knock and a male voice. I finally leave my room*
Holly: Look what came off our sofa cushions!
Salesman: Would you eat off one of these? *holding up the sticky circles of dust*
Holly: I'd lick it.
Me: I eat off those sofas all the time. I ate off the floor yesterday. (I honestly did.)
Salesman: All right, well, we don't need to be wasting each other's time.

Needless to say, we did not purchase a Kirby vacuum, and may have offended the salespeople. Holly feebly tried to salvage the conversation by talking about where they go to church and giving the girl a VFC card during the 10 minutes it took to put up the 2,001-piece vacuum. I'm sure God will plant a seed in their lives through even our greatest failings at evangelism.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

What were Kirby salesmen doing in the home of college students anyways?? College students can't afford a Kirby!! :) I can't afford a Kirby!