Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I'm surprised I can even type a coherent thought right now...

Today was rainy. Rainy days make me not want to get out of bed, ever. So, after two mornings of alarms going off at 6:30 (and us not actually being functional until around 7:00), we've decided to bump up our wake-up to 6:00am so we wouldn't find ourselves being rushed through our devo's to make that 8:00am class on time. Buh-bye to another 30 minutes of shut eye! (Somehow, writing that didn't cause me to keel over and die.)

I was asked to share my testimony tonight at the Humes Girls' Bible study that Julie Kotynski (I LOVE that girl) leads. It was so amazing and humbling to type it out this afternoon when I was preparing. Amazing because I had no idea that I could type four pages of stuff about when God saved me, and humbling because I typed four pages of stuff about when God saved me! Knowing that I played no part in my salvation--that I was actively rebelling against God and living completely for myself, dead in my sin--makes salvation from His wrath that much sweeter (and that much more undeserved!). I had Sam and Julie critique it before I shared tonight, because I wanted to make sure I presented the gospel clearly and was able to serve the girls there as best as I could. Hopefully after the final edit, the girls there got something out of hearing what the Lord has done in my life and knowing that the same God that started a work in me can start one in them as well!

This hymn has been mad-crazy applicable in my life as of late. So, as Mr. Rogers taught me to do, I'm going to share it with you:

I do not ask to see the way
My feet will have to tread;
But only that my soul may feed
Upon the living Bread.
'Tis better far that I should walk
By faith close to His side;
I may not know the way I go,
But oh, I know my Guide.

His love can never fail,
His love can never fail,
My soul is satisfied to know
His love can never fail.

And if my feet would go astray,
They cannot, for I know
That Jesus guides my falt'ring steps,
As joyfully I go.
And tho' I may not see His face,
My faith is strong and clear,
That in each hour of sore distress
My Savior will be near.

His love can never fail,
His love can never fail,
My soul is satisfied to know
His love can never fail.

I will not fear, tho' darkness come
Abroad o'er all the land,
If I may only feel the touch
Of His own loving hand.
And tho' I tremble when I think
How weak I am, and frail,
My soul is satisfied to know
His love can never fail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just now discovered your blog...can I just say that you girls are hi-larious! thanks for keeping it real and pointing to God.

hey...glad to hear that the 6:30 club isn't super easy for SOMEBODY else...I was beginning to think I was the only one. ....wait. I'm not even in the 6:30 club. I've been sick and have joined the
"Sleep as many hours in a day as you possibly can until the pain goes away" club. I'm not sure, but I think I'd rather be in the 6:30 club. So, keep fighting the fight of faith girls!